Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Today was my push-up/pull-up day and I finally made it to week 4 on the 100 push-up program and the 9-11 pull-up range on the 50 pull-up program.

I’m seeing the potential in my back and chest and I haven’t even reached my final form yet :wow:

Btw Fat Gripz + pull-up bar= GOAT combo :wow:

Summer body loading :wow:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Man I need to get my booty together :mjcry:

Every since I lost weight my booty gone :damn:

I want my romp back y’all help :to:

Need that thang round and tight :noah:

I’m tryna wear those 5’ shorts in the gym :mjcry:.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Man I need to get my booty together :mjcry:

Every since I lost weight my booty gone :damn:

I want my romp back y’all help :to:

Need that thang round and tight :noah:

I’m tryna wear those 5’ shorts in the gym :mjcry:.

Squat.

With a barbell.
At least twice a week.
At least your bodyweight for reps.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Tips my squats suck .

1) Practice. Do your squats suck because you're weak? Because they feel awkward? Because they make you sore? Practice will make all of that better. Squat. Squat in the gym. Instead of bending over to pick up something little, squat. Take a broom or mop handle or PVC pipe and practice your form while you watch TV. Strength is a skill. Powerlifts require (at least some) technique. Practice with good form provides both.

2) Do no do static stretches before you lift. You should be doing light weight warm-up sets before your actual working sets (warm-up sets don't count) and doing dynamic movements to limber up is fine too, but save any static stretching for after you lift.

3) If your ankle flexibility is shyt, consider squatting with two small plates under your heels. Work on increasing your ankle flexibility during random "down time" (sitting at a desk, watching TV, w/e) by doing specific ankle mobilization exercises.

4) Never squat in running shoes. Use a shoe with a flat, noncompressible sole.

5) Don't cheat reps. If the crease of your hips was above the top of your knee, you're doing it wrong. Your ass doesn't have to be touching your calves but half-squatting will only place additional strain on certain parts of your knee and will not make you a better squatter. Don't do it.

What else would you like to know?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
1) Practice. Do your squats suck because you're weak? Because they feel awkward? Because they make you sore? Practice will make all of that better. Squat. Squat in the gym. Instead of bending over to pick up something little, squat. Take a broom or mop handle or PVC pipe and practice your form while you watch TV. Strength is a skill. Powerlifts require (at least some) technique. Practice with good form provides both.

2) Do no do static stretches before you lift. You should be doing light weight warm-up sets before your actual working sets (warm-up sets don't count) and doing dynamic movements to limber up is fine too, but save any static stretching for after you lift.

3) If your ankle flexibility is shyt, consider squatting with two small plates under your heels. Work on increasing your ankle flexibility during random "down time" (sitting at a desk, watching TV, w/e) by doing specific ankle mobilization exercises.

4) Never squat in running shoes. Use a shoe with a flat, noncompressible sole.

5) Don't cheat reps. If the crease of your hips was above the top of your knee, you're doing it wrong. Your ass doesn't have to be touching your calves but half-squatting will only place additional strain on certain parts of your knee and will not make you a better squatter. Don't do it.

What else would you like to know?
I’ll start here and report back thanks for the input .

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I feel like I finally have my form down pact when it comes to squats. Last time I attempted the 5x5 workout I had to stop because after a while my right knee started fukking with me to the point it was hard to walk. Now I have the bar hanging at a lower position on my upper back than where I usually have it and I can feel the difference.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Haven't touched a weight since the lockdown last March.

Diets been trash, activity levels been trash.

Surprisingly my overall weight hasn't changed much. Just got softer.

Tested out my strength earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised at how much I retained.

Knocked out 135 for 13 reps on bench, 225 for 1 on squat (deep) and 315 on the DL.

BW is 180 (12-15ish % bodyfat).

Probably should have warmed up for all the good it would have done. The DOMS has been killing me since.

:sadcam:

Last edited: