Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
71Gesmrig5L.jpg

Just got this gonna try heard good things anyone got it ?

My regular is iso pure Dutch chocolate .

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Anybody else find themselves not paralyzed by different choices in lifting, but find it hard to stick to a set routine and shyt?
The key is finding the right balance of core exercises you can progressively overload with a mix of other exercises that keep things fresh and interesting for adherence.

I swear travel is one of the most disruptive things to a workout schedule. Haven’t been to the gym in damn near two weeks because I’ve been on the road.

If you work for a company, see if they will comp your gym day passes. I expensed $360 of day passes to Alphaland when I was working on a project in Houston lol.

Last edited:

trap101

All Star
Daps
Put me on :ohhh:

Cause I’ll bush and just use for ice cream :lolbron:
Instead of a brand I'll tell you what you should look out for. A good quality protein powder should be providing you at a MINIMUM an 83% yield. What that means is that the amount of protein you get from a serving is 83% of the whole suggested serving. The higher the percentage yield means easier digestion (no protein farting) and more overall quality.

There are different types of protein powders: concentrate, isolate, hydro-isolate, casein, blemds, etc.

for price to quality the best for most casual gym-goers is whey-isolate. It is supposed to have a 90% yield. You shouldn't have to worry too much about whether the protein you buy from a certain company doesn't abide by the yield it should have. The powder market is a serious business that has lots of standardizations and if folks forge them they are in deep shyt.

Anyways for you to calculate yield you take the amount of protein stated in the nutritional information divided by the servign size. So in the Cinnabon case:

Protein(g) /Serving Size = 25/34 = 0.735 - -> 74%

You should always be looking at strictly whey isolate protein powders. I usually cop MyProtein but they been on some fukkery with their labelling and yields. But overall they are good and easily accesible for most.

You can always go with the cheap concentrates, but then the question is are you fine being a mere mortal......:hhh:... or are you trying to be a Nubian Goddess..:blessed:..?

Here is one good explanation of things and you can find others by a simple google:

trap101

All Star
Daps
The key is finding the right balance of core exercises you can progressively overload with a mix of other exercises that keep things fresh and interesting for adherence.

If you work for a company, see if they will comp your gym day passes. I expensed $360 of day passes to Alphaland when I was working on a project in Houston lol.
How was Alphaland?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
How was Alphaland?
It's cool. Definitely has the influencer vibe, a lot of hunnies. Has a lot of old Cybex equipment which I liked. Outdoor areas for hybrid training. I was working in Missouri City for a month so it was close by, but not sure I would join b/c no pool/sauna and it's a little too ritzy. Don't need to feel like I'm on a stage every time i work out, that vibe got old after a couple of visits.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It's cool. Definitely has the influencer vibe, a lot of hunnies. Has a lot of old Cybex equipment which I liked. Outdoor areas for hybrid training. I was working in Missouri City for a month so it was close by, but not sure I would join b/c no pool/sauna and it's a little too ritzy. Don't need to feel like I'm on a stage every time i work out, that vibe got old after a couple of visits.

Bruh, ain't nobody ask you for the yelp review. :gucci: My mans @trap101 simply asked you how many squat racks they got. :dahell:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
:heh:Not gonna lie, that is my top criteria now....It's one of the main reasons I can't fukk with the 24hr gym up the street and have to go to the Uni gym....Squat Racks Galore.. :banderas:

As soon as that muhfukka mentioned Cybex machines, I knew he was a gym hoe. :hhh:

If you don't got at least 2 full power cages, I can't fukk with you. :hubie:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
shyt so it'll just generate a workout randomly to do?

I'ma have to check this out, props for the recommendation.
Yessir, the variation has made it easy to be consistent without getting bored. It has other features like milestones and weekly streaks to keep you motivated

But if you have an android you may not have the same experience as an iPhone user