With Beal & KD on the Books, it's Time to Get this Chip | Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 Season Thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suns were too unselfish tonight. And the Pacers frontcourt was too athletic for Nurk/KD. Another 4th that Nurk couldn’t play. They’re gonna need that backup big

edit: oh shyt Nurk got hurt. They really are gonna need that trade

Last edited:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
The team's ceiling is a 2nd round exit (possibly 1st round depending on injuries). And it's going to get worse after this season due to the lack of trade assets, KD's age, and no room to sign quality players.

As I mentioned before, the best course of action would be to blow it up.

But Ishbia is going to need to hire a GM who is good with player development and drafting. It has been obvious for years James Jones doesn't care or want to deal with the draft or player development.

Based on what I have seen and heard so far, I expect Isaiah Thomas will officially be the Suns GM or President of Basketball Operations (or both) soon. :francis:

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Actually suprised that they didn’t trade Nas Little since he had the most tradable contract but I’m glad they kept him as the backup wing instead of KBD. Royce should be a great fit :ehh:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid 4th just lost to Steph/Dray greatness. They should have been up more at the end of the 3rd but they needed more from KD in that quarter.

Biggest question mark for Suns will be how KD handles physicality come playoffs. He was getting fouled a lot but after a point you gotta realize they’re not calling shyt and play some basketball. 6 TOs just not good enough. Nice block at the end though

And why the fukk was Beal gambling on the inbound just stay down and play some D. Royce gonna need more mins going forward, Okogie should have been in on that last possession too

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Solid 4th just lost to Steph/Dray greatness. They should have been up more at the end of the 3rd but they needed more from KD in that quarter.

Biggest question mark for Suns will be how KD handles physicality come playoffs. He was getting fouled a lot but after a point you gotta realize they’re not calling shyt and play some basketball. 6 TOs just not good enough. Nice block at the end though

And why the fukk was Beal gambling on the inbound just stay down and play some D. Royce gonna need more mins going forward, Okogie should have been in on that last possession too
Beal had a super low IQ moment.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beal had a super low IQ moment.
Yep. I should have said the KD stuff was the 2nd biggest question mark. The biggest question mark is Nurkic ability to protect the rim or lack thereof. And if he’s not protecting the rim he as least gotta be able to bully the other team if they’re smaller

Edit: one more thing, the Royce impact was very noticeable. He’ll prob be closing over EG/Grayson by the end of the year. Hopefully they can get a backup big off buyout

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It seems like Beal & KD always struggle when the Suns play decent/good teams.Warriors wanted that game more.They played with playoff intensity & bodied KD on defense.That's KD's kryptonite over the last 3-4 yrs.If the refs allow you to play physical, you can knock KD off his game.Kerr & the Warriors know him well.On the flip side, I think Eric Gordon is getting too much playing time.Should've replaced him with Okogie this game.Okogie played very well in the way half, but didn't get any burn down the stretch.Gordon is washed.It seems like he'll shoot decent one game, but then follow it up with 5-6 "2-12" games in a row.He should only be playing 10-15 mins a game.Not 25-30.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems like Beal & KD always struggle when the Suns play decent/good teams.Warriors wanted that game more.They played with playoff intensity & bodied KD on defense.That's KD's kryptonite over the last 3-4 yrs.If the refs allow you to play physical, you can knock KD off his game.Kerr & the Warriors know him well.On the flip side, I think Eric Gordon is getting too much playing time.Should've replaced him with Okogie this game.Okogie played very well in the way half, but didn't get any burn down the stretch.Gordon is washed.It seems like he'll shoot decent one game, but then follow it up with 5-6 "2-12" games in a row.He should only be playing 10-15 mins a game.Not 25-30.
My biggest issue with Gordon is he keeps passing up wide open clutch 3s when that’s why they brought him on. Tossed Beal a grenade at the end of the game. Royce will def be taking his mins

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest issue with Gordon is he keeps passing up wide open clutch 3s when that’s why they brought him on. Tossed Beal a grenade at the end of the game. Royce will def be taking his mins
I don't know.Vogel act like he's scared of Gordon.I heard some shyt about Gordon deciding to accept a minimum deal because the Suns promised him the opportunity to close games.It seems that way.Based on his actual play, he shouldn't be in the closing line up.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know.Vogel act like he's scared of Gordon.I heard some shyt about Gordon deciding to accept a minimum deal because the Suns promised him the opportunity to close games.It seems that way.Based on his actual play, he shouldn't be in the closing line up.
Would make sense, but they’ve been giving him opps and he’s been up and down in those spots.

Could be wrong but I think as Royce gets acclimated he’ll be in there more often. Only 11 minutes tonight. As they phase out EG and hopefully Eubanks with a buyout option I think they’ll go on a run after the break

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yep. I should have said the KD stuff was the 2nd biggest question mark. The biggest question mark is Nurkic ability to protect the rim or lack thereof. And if he’s not protecting the rim he as least gotta be able to bully the other team if they’re smaller

Edit: one more thing, the Royce impact was very noticeable. He’ll prob be closing over EG/Grayson by the end of the year. Hopefully they can get a backup big off buyout
I think Royce should start tbh.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Would make sense, but they’ve been giving him opps and he’s been up and down in those spots.

Could be wrong but I think as Royce gets acclimated he’ll be in there more often. Only 11 minutes tonight. As they phase out EG and hopefully Eubanks with a buyout option I think they’ll go on a run after the break
Who would they possibly buy out?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Picked up Thad Young I’m not mad at it :ehh:

He and Royce both seem like great locker room guys and overall I think our team culture/identity is a bunch of hoopers and gym rats

Still need another rim protector tho:patrice: